With the freezing temperatures outside and even a good amount of snow, my favorite thing is to curl up in tons of warm clothes and a blanket with a nice good book or even to watch T.V. Along with this I love a cup of 热可可 (hot chocolate) topped with whipped cream and marshmallows and some warm, gooey, delicious, salted caramel chocolate brownies. There is nothing better than relaxing by the 火 (fire) letting all your worries slip away munching on your favorite treats. These 布朗尼 (brownies) will make your mouth water for more and once you start eating them you will never want to stop!
I personally have midterms coming up in the next week and have to sit through hours of endless studying. I mean what kid likes to study and take tests. To get through studying these brownies are a perfect, sweet way to fill your body with 糖 (sugar) to keep your energy pumped and going, through these cold winter days. It will give you that extra boost to study for a little while longer that makes everything count in the end. Give in to your sweet tooth and let yourself enjoy an amazing brownie unlike any other.
- 3/4 cup- plain all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp-baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups- brown sugar
- 2- eggs
- 1/3 cup- store-bought caramel filling or dulce de leche
- 2 tsp-vanilla extract
- 150g- unsalted butter, melted
- 150g- dark chocolate chopped
- 1/2 tsp – sea salt
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F).
- Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Add the eggs, caramel, vanilla and butter and whisk until smooth.
- Stir though the chocolate and spoon the mixture into a 20cm square cake tin lined with non-stick baking paper. Sprinkle with the sea salt.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes or until just firm around the edges. Cut into squares and serve warm or cold.